Friday, October 26, 2007

Week 6 #15

Library 2.0 is something I think the library system is definitely heading towards. Eventually, books may become obsolete altogether and in order to save time, paper, money, and work books may stop being printed and become solely electronic and downloadable. Already some college textbooks have an electronic option that is advertised as "inexpensive and convenient" in comparison to their print counterparts. So in this case, I think that moving toward electronic material is inevitable.

I think the shift towards electronic libraries is a good option for a lot of people. I personally enjoy the old-fashioned book. I think having both e-books and print books is the best option for our diverse society at this time. Although in the future there will come a time where print books will simply fail to be.

No comments: